Dating Is Fun and I’ll Tell You Why
Stay with me here, you might be reading this thinking I must have had one too many martinis. But it’s true! Dating IS Fun and I’ll tell you why. It’s all about perspective. Think about it this way, when you are doing something you really like to do then you look forward to doing it and it makes you happy, the anticipation, the butterflies and the excitement release endorphins in your body making you feel good about what you are doing, whatever it is. How about when you are doing something that you see as a chore and you don’t enjoy doing? How does it make you feel? Most likely you are dragging your feet and doing it because you have to. Am I right? Now back to dating. What if you approach dating like something you like to do and that you look forward to? Then you will think – Dating IS Fun!
Dating Is Fun – It’s All About Perspective
Now I know just as well as anyone that after kissing a lot of frogs you get tired of kissing and don’t want to try anymore. We all want our “happily ever after” but it’s not so easy, is it? Well, maybe it is. What if we’re looking at it all wrong? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Lighten Up: Stop taking dating and finding your “soul mate” so seriously. Dating should be an enjoyable process and not a checklist of do’s and don’ts. Dates should be fun ways to do things you like with someone you like, not chores because you feel you “have to”. Make it interesting. Try something new. Have FUN because dating is fun … it’s supposed to be.
- Think Positive: Don’t go on a date with a negative attitude. Each person has potential. If you’re not convinced about this person then don’t go. It will only give you something to complain about. Even if this is your tenth date this month, keep trying. When you think about things positively you attract positive experiences. Besides having a positive attitude not only gets you more dates, it makes you more attractive. No one wants to be around negative people. Now show us that gorgeous smile!!
- Experience: Take each date as a learning experience about what is out there and what you’re looking for. That’s what I did, I was able to narrow down what I liked and didn’t by actually trying out different types of men on for, um, size. You might be pleasantly surprised! That diamond in the rough might just shine brighter than you thought.
- Stop Being So Hard On Yourself: There is nothing wrong with you. The reason why you’re not finding what you’re looking for isn’t because no one wants you or that you’re undesirable. You just haven’t found the right person for you and that could be for many reasons. There are thousands of potential partners in any given city, you just have to keep trying until you get the right fit. Don’t give up. Repeat after me “I am a prize”.
- Put Your Best Foot Forward: Looking good will make you feel good and it will be obvious to everyone around you. Think of that feeling you get after a great workout, getting your hair done or dressing in your favourite outfit. Now, take that feeling and use it as a benchmark for how you should always feel, especially when dating. Taking care of your appearance and personal hygiene will make you feel good and look good. What’s the result? You will bring your “A-Game” to your dates and make yourself memorable.
Dating is fun. It really is. When you approach the experience positively you will reap the rewards it brings. Every encounter you have with someone is an opportunity not only to learn about them, it’s a valuable lesson for your own dating life. Go out, meet as many people as you can and enjoy it! Be social, be friendly, smile at others and it will make you approachable and datable … and who doesn’t want to be datable?
Date fun my friends!
Your Sister in Dating Bliss,
Single Dating Diva
Single Dating Diva is an award winning blog dedicated to single people everywhere! It showcases the many adventures we have and how challenging, but also exciting dating really is! She shares her dating stories as well as those of others. With experience comes wisdom and she also shares some lessons learned along the way. WINNER of Best Overall Dating Blog and Named one of the 10 BEST Women’s Dating Experts! You can find her at http://singledatingdiva.com and make sure to follow her on Twitter @SingleDatingDiv and like her page on FaceBook.